Sunday, November 9, 2014

Fun Facts


The book club meeting on Thursday was fantastic. We discussed Dale Short's fantasy-science fiction novel The Shining Shining Path, about a group of Tibetan monks and a cool American (Alabama) guy they chose to save the world. We decided that the size of our group is just about right.
 
 
 
*
Bama 20- LSU 13
The Crimson Tide doesn't have to prove itself to me every season. I've always known they're the best. I remember in 1993, I overheard some friends discussing Alabama's chances against Miami, and I blurted out, “Why, Alabama will cream Miami!” This didn't show any predictive power on my part. It just showed how I've always felt about Alabama.

*

I went to the kitchen for coffee, and there was a wasp on the inside of my east-facing window. I said, "Hey, Ms. Wasp. How did you get into my house? I would open the window and let you out, but you'll have to get on the bottom part. If I raised it up, it would trap you between the panes, and you'd be in worse shape than you are." The wasp then trotted up to the top of the window, under the valance, out of sight.

Anyone who lives by himself will appreciate the opportunity to talk to a wasp. Or anything else.

No comments: