Saturday, May 21, 2016

Getting Stuff Done

Thursday and yesterday were very productive. I decided that I want a prairie-points edging on my leaf quilt. I folded paper for a pattern, assembled fabrics, cut out all the squares, folded and pressed them, and removed the old binding that I had messed up from the quilt's edge.


I plan to put the points around three sides, and bind the top edge with green bias tape. That's probably going to be the centus ultimus of my quilt-making, though I'm not sure I've made quite a hundred.

The lights keep going off and on. I've had to restart the computer. Wonder what the weather's doing.

Also yesterday, I wrote a poem, or the germ of a poem. I'll probably still be working on it years from now. The subject was suggested by Joan, according to a poem some guy had written. It's a run-on bunch of words with no form or rhythm. Poetry group meets Tuesday night (May 24), or maybe it was Monday night, I'll have to check, and I plan to go, although I can't hear what's going on.

Several days ago I ordered a new pair of jeans and two tee shirts from L.L. Bean, and they arrived yesterday. Very light colors, because it'll soon be summer. But the shirt that matched the jeans was out of stock. It's always something.

I'm re-reading John Le Carre's book, Call for the Dead. Then I plan to read Dictator, the third volume of Robert Harris's trilogy about Cicero and ancient Rome.

Today I need to go to the store, weather permitting.

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I like that idea. That quilt has always been beautiful, but it will be even more awesome with the prairie points.