Monday, December 31, 2018

Oh My Stars, by Lorna Landvik***

This is our January 2019 selection for the book club. It's a good book, about a girl who overcomes a handicap, with a little help from a bunch of new friends. I finished reading it this morning, and then slept the rest of the day. I see it has been raining again, which may have helped me sleep so long.

Well, "So long, 2018." It has been a good year for me; I wish all my kin had a year as pain-free and relatively worry-free as I did.



Yesterday I went to church with my two sisters, and after church they took me out to lunch in recognition of my birthday (which was December 27th). Susan gave me a brand-new copy of Michelle Obama's book, Becoming, plus some goodies. Ramey and India had already given me several cards and presents, including three pairs of cute (and warm) winter socks.




I've heard a few distant fireworks already. I look forward to reading Mrs. Obama's book this week.

One of my periodic wishes is for time to put away stuff and straighten up the house before the cleaning lady comes, which will be next Monday.


The only New Year's resolution I'm making is to keep up with the daily exercises that the Rehab people showed me. I always feel better after doing the exercises, and after I recover  the ability to stand up, breathe, and walk around.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Happy New Year!
I am glad you had a lovely dinner with the girls. You need a cup of good coffee to go along with the warm socks and the new book and you will have a cozy afternoon!
I am glad your exercises are helping you.
I love you dearly 💖