Friday, February 8, 2019

The Secret Garden, by Susan Patterson****

Lately, I've got several books for "free," by using my Amazon and
Amex points. I really like this book. I would love to make a container garden, but I probably won't attempt it. I've been trying to finish our book club selection for next week, but I just can't seem to get into the story. It's hard to believe I haven't read a book since Christmas, except for this Secret Garden one. Uh--I did read the January book club selection, Oh My Stars.

One of the books for free that I've got coming is a biography of
Camille Claudel, the sculptor who was Rodin's assistant and lover,
who some say really surpassed Rodin in skill and aesthetics. Her work is very personal and some of it erotic or suggestive of the erotic, so in her late 19th-early 20th century time, she was mostly ignored.

I finally replaced my old sofa, and now I'm trying to hang some art
and stuff on the living room walls. I've called Pat to come and help me, as I want to hang the bigger pieces high.


 I found the sofa on sale at Rooms To Go online. That's not a bug under the red table; that table is on black casters. The picture in front of the green lamp is of GMR in his "cowboy" costume. I've never been able to make out what he wrote around the edges of the photo.

Yesterday I was "meditating" upon things that people have said that hurt my feelings. After going over (and over) a few of them, it suddenly occurred to me that I have thoughtlessly hurt several of my loved ones by exercising my big mouth. I went over the examples, cringing all the while, until I got tired of the subject.

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I’m absolutely jealous of that red sofa. It’s gorgeous. Glad I got to see it in person. Kudos on a great choice.