Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Coming Attractions

Wednesday, September 12, 2007. How did it get so late so soon? How did I get so old, so young?

The Friends of the Library are having our preview party tomorrow evening. I feel guilty for not volunteering to do more than sit and collect money for a day, during the sale. I can't use age as an excuse, as some of the movers and shakers are--I won't say older than dirt, but at least older than I am. Anyway, I hope I can pick up a few books worth listing.

Then Friday is book club day. The meeting is at Nell's, and the book is Wish You Well, which I read some time ago. [Added at 6:20 p.m.: Susan posted a correction--the book is My Sister's Keeper. Wish You Well was last month, which we didn't attend.]

Every morning, Mo and I open the deck door and breathe a little to see how hot it is outside. Of course, September is heave-a-sigh-of-relief month, after the August inferno. "Thank You, Lord, for letting me make it through another summer" month. Tomorrow is Rosh Hashanah, when the People stand before the Almighty to ask for another year, after their preparation month of Elul, when they contemplate what they'll do with the coming year if it's granted. Which is good.

And I've got five, count them, (5), books to pack and mail before 5:00 p.m., so I've got to get packing.

3 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

WRONG! Tomorrow's book is My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. Wish You Well was last month, which we missed.

Joanne Cage said...

WRONG! Tomorrow is Thursday, or I miss my guess, which wouldn't be a first! Anyway, I've also read My Sister's Keeper. Thanks for reminding me. - JR

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Sheeesh! Who's gonna take care of us when we get old? :-(