Saturday, September 22, 2007

Pie, Motley, and a Tortoise Shell

I'm so gratified that there's still a slice of Hershey pie in the freezer. I made it Thursday, with the troubling thought that I would probably eat it all before Friday. But discipline prevailed, for once.

I have just finished reading A Damned Serious Business, written by Rex Harrison, who was still putting the finishing touches on it when he died in 1990 at the age of 82. The finest comedy actor of the twentieth century, in my opinion, he made me laugh without resorting to farce.

Here's Wilder. See how pretty and stout he has grown, a far cry from the poor bones with the inverted funnel-shaped tail that I thought for a while was a large rat when he first started zipping out the pet door when I would walk toward the kitchen. Now he lets me pet him while he's eating, and he wasn't a bit fazed by the camera, possibly because it didn't make any noise. Noise is his nemesis, and still makes him dive through the pet door and fly down the stairs.

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I like Wilder. He's a handsome dude.