Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Coincidences

Yesterday I was looking up the Atchisons' phone number to ask Steve to come clean up the yard, when I heard a motor start up out front. He was out there scooping up leaves, and the boys were blowing leaves out of the flower beds, etc. He asked if I wanted him to clean the gutters and trim the shrubs, and I was nodding my head before he got through asking.

"What about those big bushes at the side of the house?" Yes, yes. I asked if they could replace gutters, and he said they didn't normally do that, but he would ask his dad and maybe he could recommend somebody. So now the leaves are gone, the grass is brown, but the weeds are still green.

Then today I was feeling guilty about not starting to rewrite the book. I picked up a Writer's Digest, and there was this step-by-step article on rewriting. The first step it recommends is to take a vacation from the book after you write the first draft. Well, now I feel so proud! I've already completed the first step.

And, the Muellers came this morning (as scheduled) and cleaned the carpeting. So things are looking better around here. Steve's guys even cleaned the deck and steps and the front porch.

3 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

Ask Steve when we should do the grading! I would love to get the pump out of there.

Maybe we need to talk about getting you a cell phone as a backup?

See you soon!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Yes, I vote for a cell phone. I didn't want one at all until I got mine. Now I can't live without it.

JD Atlanta said...

What kind / brand do you have? I always get good reception with AT&T when I'm in Leeds.