Wednesday, December 26, 2007

On the Feast of Stephen...

Yesterday we enjoyed Christmas dinner with Ramey, India and Mable, and Buffy dropped in later. Jason's mother was at her house, so she had to leave shortly. I took my little Volkswagon to Ramey's so Reed and I could play with it and watch it scoot around, but doggone it, he didn't come with Buff.

Today I'm just lounging around and trying not to eat to excess. Jed has gone to Wal-Mart to look at garden stuff, after his initial spell of lounging around.

Last night we watched the first two videos of "Lonesome Dove," and plan to eat and watch the last two episodes this afternoon. It has been a lovely, quiet and peaceful Christmas for us, and I wish everyone all over the world could have had as good a time.

This morning my friend Sandra in Tuscaloosa phoned. Her son is a Marine colonel in Iraq, home right now but going back soon. He's helping build power stations all over Iraq, which I'm sure will be a huge benefit to that country. Jed said Baghdad already has twelve hours per day of electricity.

Yesterday, Mable said she can't get the sound on You-Tube on her computer. I suggested she try to get to it from my blog, from the "Waltz of the Flowers" link at the bottom of the page. This site has clips from the "Nutcracker" movie which was made a long time ago, and is still the best Nutcracker I've ever seen. I hope she's able to hear the music this way. I didn't think to tell her, but it may be that she needs to turn up her volume control.

The Christmas Eve soup supper at Vann and Susan's was delightful. We got to meet Lori, whose little dog Daisy is a pal of Sophie. Jesse and Andie were there, and Andie's friend Steve; also Ramey, India, Buffy, Jason, and Reed. Suze served many kinds of delicious food and drink, and Vann took oodles of great photos.

No comments: