Sunday, December 16, 2007

Strange goings-on

Yesterday we had a hard rain, and I guess that's what caused the hiatus. All day the electricity and cable have been doing funny things. I ran the computer diagnostics several times, and it kept saying the cable was unplugged, when I knew perfectly well it wasn't. But I wasn't able to get on the internet all day, my phone wouldn't even work, and neither would the TV.

I knew I had paid the cable and power bills, but had I paid them enough? It should have been a quiet, relaxing day, but I was about to run screaming from the house when I noticed, about five o'clock, that the cable modem's bottom light had decided to light up.

In between the electricity going off and on, I washed and dried a load of clothes, cleaned a little, decorated a little, and wondered how many important phone calls I was missing.

No comments: