Sunday, February 17, 2008

I'm feeling much more alert and less sleepy lately. I'm sure this morning exercise bit has a lot to do with it. I haven't done it absolutely every day, but most days, and it's helping my feelings. The downside is that it, or something, is making me eat more. Seems like I about live from one meal to the next. I do persevere in having oatmeal for at least one meal a day; it's supposed to help keep the cholesterol level down.

Yesterday I received The Mists of Avalon from Bookins, and am looking forward to reading it again, after twenty years or so. The only thing I remember about it is that I liked it. Also, the library is holding The Kabul Beauty Shop for me, and I've got to go pick it up. Hope the lib. is open tomorrow.

Another thing I've got to do tomorrow or Tuesday is to take Wilder to the vet. Looks like something bit him on the side of the head, and it has made a bad sore. (Wonder what the other combatant looks like!) Lots of luck to me, getting him into the car, into some kind of carrier. I may just have to wrap him up in a blanket, or make him a straight jacket.

2 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

Exercise seems to make me a little hungrier, too. Just try to eat healthy stuff--whole grain breads, brown rice, and oatmeal! They give you energy over a longer period of time, and they are good for general health.

Glad to hear that you are exercising more! Keep it up--a little every day that you can.

Jed

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I have my own copy of Mists of Avalon, one of my favorite books of all. I remember crying and crying when Arthur dies. While reading that book, I decided I was descended from Morgan LeFey. Don't know why. I just seemed to identify with her. I'm glad she wasn't portrayed as the totally evil witch the way most writers portray her.