Friday, February 22, 2008

Spring has sprung...

Such as it is.


This tiny little daffodil, about four inches high, is blooming out on the edge of my front yard, where I've never planted one. It's the only one that has even stuck its head up out of the soil, and everyone else in the neighborhood has crowds of daffodils. Embarrassing.
~
I just called Steve Atchison and told him this would be a perfect time to look at the back yard to see what needs to be done--the west side is flooded, and water is in the basement. He said he looked at it the last time we had a substantial rain (when was that?), and that he's right now in the process of putting together an estimate. Said he would email it to me or Jed, and I told him to send it to Jed.
~
Also just got back from the P.O., where I mailed a book to an Amazon customer and two to Bookins customers. February has been a dismal month on Amazon; I've only had nine sales.

2 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

Here's an odd coincidence. I was eating at a Chinese restaurant yesterday, and found this in my fortune cookie: "You can not judge the flowers in your lawn by looking at your neighbors'." Okay, maybe not, but it would have been an odd coincidence.

I did get a quote from Steve. He wants to add 4 truckloads of dirt. I'm beginning to wonder if we couldn't scoop the 4 truckloads from one side and pile it on the other, to create a slope. But, what do I know?

I'll send you a copy, and let's figure out what we need to do. I imagine it will be many weeks before he can get started -- we may want to replace the pump in the meantime!

Jed

Joanne Cage said...

scoop the 4 truckloads from one side and pile it on the other, to create a slope

I think you're right--either this, or add enough dirt to slope it down toward the other side.
Mom