Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Tragedies

The storms last night killed at least 50 people in southern states, injured and left homeless many more. This was worse than April of 1974. I feel for everyone affected, and pray for them.

Alabama voters went for Obama and Huckabee. Huckabee doesn't stand a chance; John McCain is so far ahead of the other 3-4 candidates, they can't catch him. Obama will probably win the Democrat nomination; he and Hillary Clinton just about split the delegates between them, although Hillary has a slight lead. But when the remaining states vote at various times this spring, he's almost sure to catch up and probably surpass her. It's just hard to believe. Even Ted Kennedy supports him.

I might have to hold my right hand with my left hand in November, to force it to vote Republican for the first time in my life. I like John McCain, but I'm afraid he's too old to be president. And a Republican victory would most likely put us right back where we are today.

Late this afternoon, I noticed/realized that this is Ash Wednesday. I should have gone to church. I regret not going.

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Hey Sister! I left you an award at Blackberry Creek.