Saturday, July 11, 2009

Fits and Starts

Late yesterday, I was seized with a fit of furniture moving. I cleaned out the "art room" and restored it to a dining room, resulting in not being able to walk through the kitchen for all the junk piled up. Today I'm doing a major throwing away of things that I know I'll want next week, if not sooner.

Jed is coming over today, and I hope I can remove a few piles of stuff before he arrives.

The quilt project is not going well, or at least not quickly. I've made three blocks, but two of them are no good. I made a Milky Way block on the sewing machine, and ought to have known better. Maybe someday I'll learn to machine-stitch in a straight line. But I'm not discouraged yet.


*
I just thought of a funny book title I saw on Amazon.com. By Lewis Grizzard, of course: If I Ever Get Back To Georgia, I'm Gonna Nail My Feet To the Ground.

2 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I love that block. What's wrong with it? Do you have a seam guide on your sewing machine? I've read that Lewis Grizzard book. In fact, I think I've read all his books. He was a funny funny man.

Ramey Channell said...

Speaking of Lewis Grizzard: Once upon a time when I had been unemployed for years and had been job-seeking for many years and was poor as a church mouse, I wrote a song about Lewis Grizzard. It did not, by the way, help me find a job. For reasons that would be hard to explain, I thought that being talented, funny, motivated, experienced, intelligent, well-educated, energetic, capable and determined would somehow help one find a job.
But, anyway, here's the apt song, to the tune of "I Want A Girl Just Like the Girl That Married Dear Ol' Dad."

I want a job, just like the job
that Lewis Grizzard had.
He was a pearl,
a bird in this world,
Not just a passing fad.
Good old fashioned job that
pays a buck.
I need an income 'cause
I'm really broke.
I want a job, just like the job
that Lewis Grizzard had.