Monday, July 6, 2009

It's still Monday.

Had to do another post. I finally got around the error message and onto Susan's Blackberry Creek blog. There I found two delightful projects that I want to join. First, Suze's friend Kai sent her this award, with strings attached. Susan passed it along to me as one of the "strings," which specify that you have to name 7 things that you love, and pass the logo on to 7 more bloggers. Well, since I don't know 7 other bloggers, I'll just name 7 (unexpected) things that I love, and won't really take the award.

1. Rain
2. Black velvet
3. Pink sequins
4. Fireflies (lightning bugs)
5. Rocks
6. New lumber--the looks of it, and the scent
7. Snow

The second project I joined through Susan's blog is at Kelly's Charming Girls' Quilt Club (see link in left column). Kelly challenges members to post an unfinished sewing project, and finish it before the end of the month. The rules include prizes for finished projects, but I think the chief reward is getting some of my dozens of unfinished pieces done.

My project for July is to finish the top for my Una quilt wall-hanging. So far, all I've got done is the central block and a pile of discarded attempts at more blocks and borders. Plus cutting out all the diamonds for the star border. There's a better picture on my quilting blog (link in left column).



I really do aim to finish the quilt top by the end of this month. I really, really, really do!

2 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

This is going to be a masterpiece (the quilt).

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Hey Jo. I don't think Kelly got your link for the Charming Girls Quilt Club. It didn't show up on your comment and you aren't listed on the Charming Girls list on her blog. You might want to send her your blog link asap so she can let everyone know what you're doing.