Thursday, July 9, 2009

I Must Remember This

This is a pep talk, I guess.

The reason I don't get more things done is that I'm always worried about other things that I ought to be doing.

Occasionally, I get a tiny glimpse of the idea that it's my life, I'm the boss of me, what I want to do is OK because I don't want to do anything bad. But these moments pass in a flash, before the idea has time to take root and blossom.

However, though, this time the idea has lingered for almost 24 hours. For me, it's a revolutionary if not a novel idea. Hmm, as they say.

P.S. I've quit drinking Cokes. I've been on iced tea, etc., for two weeks.

1 comment:

Ramey Channell said...

As I often quote Count Olaf (Jim Carey) in A Serieis of Unfortunate Events: "Quel surprise!" But in this case, it heralds a series of possibly fortunate events. I have serendipitously been given two books that may address your specific troubles. Both are rather slim paperbacks, and though I haven't read them yet, I think they may be worth looking at.

"Creating: A Guide to the Creative Process" and "The Path of Least Resistance: Learning to Become the Creative Force in Your Own Life." Don't these sound dandy? A person I've never seen before siad "I wonder if you'd like to have these?" and I said "Yes."

So I'll pass them to you. If all goes well, you'll shuck off the albatross of approach-avoidance and soar to the highest pinnacle of creativity.