Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Hit the floor running--

This is a work day. I've been up since 6:30, washed and dried 2 loads of clothes, cleaned up the kitchen--sorta--and watched "Sensible Chic" on TV. Now I'm going to change out of my pajamas and make pancakes for breakfast, then get on with the swabbing and scrubbing. Sometimes when things go wrong, if you leave them alone they'll fix themselves. But it has become obvious that the house isn't aware of that maxim, or at least doesn't agree with it. So I guess I'll have to do it myself.

2 comments:

Ramey Channell said...

Quel surprise! This blog title, Hit the Floor Running, is quite coincidentally similar to thoughts I was having just before looking at your blog. Synchronicity! First of all, Jonny Lang has a song that I like very much titled "Hit the Ground Running."

But what I was ruminating on was that summer long ago when I wrote the poem about Alexander the Great. I remember beng so overcome with emotion that I was walking the floor in a state of something, I'm not sure what. Rapture? Loneliness? Who knows.

But that made me start thinking this morning about Hank Williams' song, "I'm Walking the Floor Over You." I wonder if in the 21st century anyone knows what it means to walk the floor over someone. I think it's what they now call "pacing like a caged animal."

Hmmm.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I think Ramey is playing lose with the happy pills.