Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I sold a book! I sold a book!

An old paperback of John Stuart Mill's On Liberty, and I cleared almost $2.00 on the sale. Amazon got $2.75. And that was odd, because the sale price was only $2.75. My profit came out of the shipping charge of $3.99. I'm sure everyone wanted to know all this.

*
I've been thinking about good blogging topics. Every time I look at my "Famous Quotations" post, I remember how I cried when I first read Le Morte D'Arthur, when Lancelot said, "I always knew I was not the best knight of the world." I may pursue this later in the evening, after I've been to the post office.

2 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Will that two bucks pay for the gasoline to the post office? Congrats anyway.
P.S. Please let me know if and when you're still having trouble getting on my blog. Thanks.

Joanne Cage said...

email I sent to SRC: Of course not, but it feeds my ego. Seriously, that's why I combine errands. I almost never drive to just one place. I used to use about $15 worth of gas per month, and now I use ~$25 worth. And my book sales pay for my gas, plus more when sales are better. May and June were awful.

Thanks for congrats.