Monday, June 29, 2009

One down, a heap more to go

I finally finished the central block of my Una quilt.


It's going to have a full border of Lemoyne stars. I have enough such star blocks which were made by my mother, and would like to use them, but I'm not sure the colors are right for this quilt.

The carpentry continues on the deck. They have just about rebuilt the thing. We won't have to think about replacing it for about fifty years, it looks like. Willis noticed that the railing was loose, and the deck sagged in the middle because it didn't have enough beams under it. He has replaced all the posts and top rails, and as soon as they get the new beams in, he'll paint the whole thing and MAYBE BE DONE!!!!! at last. It really is an impressive job.

*

The heat is about to get me down. But I ain't down yet. Yesterday seemed the worst so far, even though we had a few drops of rain. By evening, I was feeling like Beetle Bailey flat in the road after a tank ran over him. I slept from 7 p.m. until 6:30 this morning, waking up 2-3 times and going back to sleep.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful mariner's compass. Can't wait to see the whole thing.

Ramey Channell said...

That quilt block is truly beautiful! One of the most stunning things I've ever seen.

By the way, it was actually cooler on Monday (and today). Maybe you need to have your radiator checked.

RC

JD Atlanta said...

That is one pretty quilt--beautiful!