Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Voltus Electricalis/Strata Illuminata Storm

That storm last night was a wowzer. For more than an hour, it lit up the place with constant lightning, and I mean constant. It also scattered limbs all over the back yard and washed leaf mold and trash out onto the grass. Also, it knocked a previously unseen birdhouse out of one of the trees, which looks like it's about a hundred years old. The roof is totally gone, but the structure itself is interesting.

If I could find a single, very strong young man with a very tall ladder, who needed a home, I might get married again. Nah! bad idea. But I need somebody to do the work around here that I find too tiresome, too inconvenient or too expensive to do myself. I wish they made robots like that; I'd save up my Social Security checks to buy one.

The hydrangeas I planted are already sprouting little new leaves.

Tomorrow I'm going to put the three lily-of-the-valley plants that haven't died in the flower beds in front of the house.

2 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

There's a band called "We Were Promised Robots." It's 2009 already -- where's my ___ ___ robot already!!

Ramey Channell said...

That lightning was truly amazing. As Mr. Sharbutt would say, "It scared my mule!"

It actually scared my dog, Gretchen. She kept trying to hide under India's bed, where she knows she is forbidden to go.