Saturday, June 6, 2009

Belmont Disappointment

Calvin Borel rode Mine That Bird,
But he didn't win--they came in third.

Wouldn't you know it--
I'm still a poet.

Before and after watching the Belmont, I've washed five loads of clothes today--not all dirty, some just hadn't been washed in a long time. This time I'm separating out the fall and winter stuff to store somewhere other than my bedroom closet. Instead of a walk-in, it has almost reached the point of being a crawl-in. Trish Suhr, where are you!

I've also designed two blocks for my Una quilt. One is a mariner's compass that had to be a 10" block, so I couldn't use the patterns I've got, all of which are much larger. The other is a whale; I found a whale block on the internet as a base, but mine will be different.

This morning I repotted the lilies of the valley. They were drowning in the first planter I put them in; it had one hole in the bottom, but apparently that wasn't doing the job. I lifted them all out and replanted them in a big planter with a row of holes all around the bottom.

After all that work, I deserve a pizza and a movie. Strangely, though,--maybe for the first time in my adult life--I don't want pizza.

1 comment:

Ramey Channell said...

Sorry to hear Calvin and Mine didn't win. They are quite a couple. I think Calvin is some kind of character!