Friday, June 26, 2009

Farewells

Yesterday two great entertainers died, Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. I always liked Farrah so much. She was a strong woman, and it seems the strong get a lot of loads to bear. She was never really recognized as a serious actress, possibly because she was too pretty. A woman I know, who met Farrah in the 1980s, said she was even more beautiful in person than in pictures.

Always when I hear the name Michael Jackson, I think first of the little 10- or 12-year-old boy with the Jackson Five. I think he was about 50-going-on-13 when he died yesterday. The music and style he developed never appealed to me, but I loved him just the same.

And a week ago today, Mr. Eddie Martin, a Leeds legend in his own time, died at the age of 92. So many memories of that gentleman.

All three of these people did a lot of good in their time here, and I'm sure they'll be rewarded.

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

And neither one of us mentioned good old Ed McMann.