Monday, June 15, 2009

Grow, Plants, Grow!

I spent the morning outside talking to the new plants. Actually, putting rocks around each one so Steve's boys won't get over-industrious and weed-eat them. Also picked up about a truckload of limbs and twigs.

Willis came by and wants to paint the deck. I told him to go ahead. He painted it 3-4 years ago, and it has lasted well but faded in spots and is beginning to peel. He also at some point will probably paint the house and repair the chimney where some wood has rotted. He's going to look in his records and find out what kind of paint he used and where he got it, and how much he charged last time to paint it, and get back in touch. I know he'll want to cut down those high bushes at the side of the house. I know they need to go, but a mockingbird nests in them, and the hydrangeas bloom under them. Wurra, wurra.

I've got to make the rounds of P. O. and cat food store--I mean grocery.

No comments: