Saturday, June 13, 2009

Once More Into the Flinty Ground

The sun is nearly down and the back yard is wet, so maybe today I really can dig a hole. Five holes.

*
7:05 p.m.: Well, I dug 5 holes. It was easy enough, once I went and got the pick.
*

"The Last of the Dogmen" is a wonderful movie, a sort of watered-down answer to "Dances With Wolves." All washed and shaved, dressed in a pin-striped suit and with most of his curls cut off, Tom Berenger looks kind of sickly and silly. But as Lewis Gates, he is your all-American western hero. Not to mention the dog. Barbara Hershey is in it, too.

I sat down and watched the last 9 minutes of the movie on TV, after I dug the final 2 holes. I may watch the whole video again tonight.

The first thing I saw Tom Berenger in was one of the last episodes of "Cheers," maybe the last episode. He was a skinny boy (the curly head of hair was the biggest thing about him; looked like it weighed maybe 6 pounds) hired to replace Woody behind the bar, or something.


Wikipedia says he was born in Chicago to an Irish Catholic family, and his real name is Thomas Michael Moore. He's a Gemini, like the old Irish poet and songster Thomas Moore.

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I love "Last of the Dogmen!" Also love Tom Berringer.