Friday, June 19, 2009

The Lost Week

I thought Lewis--I mean Willis and Bud would come Wednesday and replace a few boards and paint the deck and be gone. Not so, but far otherwise!



















The deck was OK, but the chimney was totally rotten, and it looks like there's 2-3 more days' work to be done.

!
It wears me out to watch people work. I just pace back and forth, wondering if they need another pitcher of ice water, or if one of them will step in a hole and cripple itself, or how will I get the car out of the garage with all those trucks in the driveway.

!

And most of the day yesterday, it was the Heating and Air Man checking and cleaning the AC and talk-talk-talking.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I shall run mad.

*

Here's how it looks right now, with the insulation on, and their workshop set up unter die decht:


I guess all that's left to do is get the siding and put it on and paint it. I don't know about the top of the chimney. They said the back (front) side of it from the roof up was as bad as the bottom part.

1 comment:

Ramey Channell said...

Well, at least you're getting something done! I've been trying to get a new roof to replace my 25 year old storm damaged roof for about 2 weeks now. The homeowners insurance said they'd replace part of the roof, but not all of it. The roofing man says it all has hail and storm damage, and he adds that he doesn't see how you could have hail damage on part of a roof and not on the other part.

So, the insurance twerp and the roofing man are wrangling, while parts of my roof continue to blow off and land in my yard every time we have another storm.