Friday, September 18, 2009

Fall cleaning/redecorating

This weekend, I'm going to try to finish up the dining room. It's the smallest room in the house, so maybe I can handle it. Got a great idea for throw-pillows on the little settee. Wish I could think of how to raise the settee's height about six inches--when I sit on it, behind the table, the table edge just brushes my chin. Oh well, the tall people can sit behind the table, if I'm ever lucky enough again to have six or more guests for a meal.

A while ago, I went to the kitchen for a cup of coffee. I looked out the window and saw the latest passerby-thrown trash in the side yard. I still had on my reading glasses, so couldn't quite make it out, but it's big and white and has the shape of a large Chik-filay styrofoam cup. I said a prayer for the trash-throwers, that they'll change their littering ways.

There's a little black-and-brown spider on the lamp table next to my desk. It has three white spots--two of them are at the end of its antennae, which it sits and wiggles at me. I think it's the kind that bit my arm a couple of years ago. Now it has traveled the scanner cord from the table to the desk. I said a prayer for the spiders, that they won't bite me again as long as I don't bother them.

No comments: