Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Favorite Meal

This afternoon I got a bean in my bonnet, that is, a craving for beans.

Great northern beans, cooked with a strip of bacon. Green tomato relish. Cornbread. A big glass of milk.

I only cooked a small pot of beans, a small cake of cornbread, because I pretty well knew that once I got started, I would eat the whole thing. And I did.

Jed had to work in Birmingham this morning, so he came over yesterday afternoon. We had seafood at Ruby Tuesday's for dinner, and he helped me move one piece of furniture out of my dining room. After his presentation to some prospective customers today, he shuffled on back to Atlanta. It was a very nice visit.

2 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

That really sounds good right now! Good to see you - Jed

Ramey Channell said...

Beans

Beans, beans, a tasty fruit,
the more you eat,
the more you ... etc.
The more you ... etc,
the better you feel.
So let's have beans
for every meal!

Anonymous