Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Re-Pinked

I'm putting the old pink damask back on my dining room chairs. That whole room is going to be slathered with pink and gold. I love the turquoise picture frames and Pat's possum picture, but they'll have to go somewhere else. The major problem is that I have a lot of pink fabrics and bric a brac, but none in the shades and textures that I want to use.


*******
Sad to learn of the passing of Patrick Swayze yesterday. The saddest part, to me, is that he had to linger and be sick, disfigured and tortured by the disease and the treatments, for more than a year. I always liked to leave a party while I was still having fun. Wouldn't death be kinder that way? Of course, it would, but we're not asked for our preferences.

2 comments:

Ramey Channell said...

I like the pink seats. Very dramatic.

Yes, I planned on Patrick Swayze and Vann having a total recovery. It's difficult and puzzling to try to accept their passing.

Trois

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

A) Pink and gold! How marvelous!
B) Now we see through a glass darkly.