Thursday, September 10, 2009

Reconnecting

After a week or ten days of being without my regular telephone, I am now back in sync with the world, communicationwise. Jed stopped by yesterday on his way home from Memphis and installed my new phone box, spent the night, and left this morning about 9:30. My niece India came by for a short visit while Jed was here last night.

My refrigerator is still fraught with leftovers from the Labor Day cookout, so today they'll go to the place where all aged leftovers go--except for the T-bone. I'm going to make beef Stroganoff and angela-hair pasta, and just pig out again. Mo and I took care of the slices of cantaloupe yesterday. Believe it or not, that cat loves cantaloupe almost as much as I do.

I'm sorry the thought of a camera didn't cross my mind on Labor Day. It was probably too late for good pics, anyway, by the time Reed and Ma started running up and down the back yard chasing lightning bugs. I'll bet if you had asked her on Sunday if she could outrun a three-year-old, Pat would have said yes. We finally had to get Jason to go chase him down.

Mo surprised me by being sociable on Labor Day instead of slinking off to hide. I guess he knew they were kin. He didn't flee to the basement until Reed tried to pet him. He seemed to say, Who is that short man, anyway?

2 comments:

Ramey Channell said...

We had a great time at your house. Thanks so much for that soiree! Have you ever tried to take a picture of a lightning bug? I have, and they won't hold still with their lights.

Reed and I had a blast.

Trois

JD Atlanta said...

Wish I had been there! I think I had a PB&B sandwich that night. Almost as good as steak :), but i missed the company.

Jed