Friday, November 19, 2010

The Betty Lou Notebook

This is where I scribble when I'm thinking about the book while I eat, read or watch TV.

I jumped up this morning (yeah, right), showered and dressed after only one cup of coffee. Then the installer called and said they haven't got the garage doors ready yet. I immediately started craving grits and butter and a cigarette.

"Charles" sounded like he was half asleep, I bet he was still in bed. He said it takes 4 hours to install them and they won't arrive until this afternoon. I said could he install them this afternoon? No, he has family activities planned for this afternoon, don't we all? I said how about Saturday morning? Nope. Frednesday? Monday? Yes, he thought they could get to it Monday, he would call me Monday morning and let me know.

Grrrrr!

Sometimes the illusion of reality is enough to make you holler calf rope.

No comments: