Thursday, November 18, 2010

So I'm Not the Only Klutz!

Yesterday I talked to Betty Jo on the phone, and told her about my destruction of the garage door. She laughed and said she did the same thing some time ago, only hers wasn't as totally destroyed as mine. Then she went on to tell about two different people she knew who had done as good a job, if not better than mine. That really made me feel so much better. I had been thinking I was the probably the only person in the world who had done something that dumb, but these three other cases were all in Leeds, in recent years.

Betty also came by later in the afternoon and we went to the grocery store, for which I was mighty grateful, as I was getting desperate. But then I forgot to get butter after all.

One of the flat tires has a great huge nail sticking in it, I noticed yesterday. The other one is the tire that has trouble holding air; I've had to blow it up about every time I got near the gas station. I guess tomorrow, if and when the door replacement gets done, I'll call Murray's to come and put my spare on in place of the one with the nail. Maybe they can bring some aid for the other one. I don't know.

I think I've worn out this little black keyboard. Sometimes when I hit a key, nothing happens. I need to be using the new computer and keyboard all the time, but I can do a few things with this old system that I haven't yet figured out on the new one. And sometimes I just forget.

7 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

I called the Sears woman yesterday, and gave her the info. The installer should be there Friday. Let me know how it goes!

A lot of tire places will patch tires for free. If there's any life in those tires, get them both patched!

Write down anything that you do from the old PC. Maybe we shut down the old one for good when I get there next week? What do you think?

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

One of the guys who worked for PF way back when did this several times. So it's not just women who do it.

Joanne Cage said...

Murray's doesn't do anything for free. But I do aim to have them both repaired. They've got plenty of tread.

JD Atlanta said...

A woman in my office mentioned that she did almost the same thing. She got into her car when she was mad at her son, and drove right into her garage door. And she's about my age.

Joanne Cage said...

I bet I'd better not drive into those steel doors, when we get 'em. It would be the car needing to be replaced, probably.

Joanne Cage said...

Anyway, about next week: I'm thinking of skipping Thanksgiving. Being stranded would have been good for writing, except not being able to go to the bank and the post office, etc., I can't totally get my mind on the story. I'm not in much of a thankful and festive mood.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

What? No! You can't skip Thanksgiving. You have to eat!