Wednesday, November 3, 2010

"Rain and turn cold"

How many times I heard that forecast when I was growing up: "It'll rain and turn cold." Well, that's what it's doing now. The hall thermostat says 70, and if it gets 'way down in the 60s, I guess I'll turn on the furnace, though I hate to do that.

Our little class reunion is tomorrow, and Betty C. just phoned and said she would pick me up to go to the Fish Market on 280 tomorrow morning. I hope my innards will be in better humor if I have to smell the Fish Market. This morning the Lowe's men came to measure the windows again, and I was feeling rather unstable. After they left, I lay down for a while and now I feel OK.

The Fish Market doesn't smell bad, and actually I've never been to the one on 280. But at different times, strong smells of cooking affect me in different ways.

I'm glad it's time to start wearing winter clothing.

4 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

Same here! I turned the heat on today for the first time, but a little cold weather sounds good right now. Ask me again in four months and you may get a different answer, though!

I like your quote of the day. Maybe I'll become a writer and steal your cat. Or not. :)

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Haven't turned my furnace on yet either. I'll wait as long as possible. I hate dry, heated air. It's hell on sinuses and skin.
Have fun at your reunion. Fish Market (any of them) is one of my favorite places to eat. My favorite dish there is grilled shrimp with lemon butter on pasta.

Joanne Cage said...

I'm thinking of uncovering my fireplace and lighting it up (the gas log) instead of running the furnace, at least until it gets a lot colder. The fireplace will heat that whole side of the house.

JD Atlanta said...

The fireplace probably isn't as efficient - it may cost more money to run the fireplace than to turn on the heater.