Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween and All

I had so many trick-or-treaters, I had to search the cabinets for remnants of packages of taffy, peppermints, and some old miniature Hershey bars--not that old but not brand new.

Yesterday evening I cooked a beef roast, and today made gravy on the pan drippings. And I learned not to eat a heavy meal and then try to write. Didn't get anything done on the book this afternoon; I just caught up my poetry files on the prize-winners and those that didn't win. I do write better at night, anyway, and I hope to make some progress this evening.

I'm going to take a long walk every morning from now on. This weather is heavenly--though I'm half afraid to say so. Seems like every time I wax poetic about the weather, a short time later we get a tornado or floods.

2 comments:

Ramey Channell said...

Congratulations, I guess! I didn't have one single trick-or-treater of the human kind. I had only one possum on the back porch.

Joanne Cage said...

I would have been honored. I haven't seen a live possum in ever so long.