Saturday, June 18, 2011

Catching Up

This week I finally got a report from the Clinic on my labs: Everything was normal. Surprise!

I took all my Z-pack last week, and I feel fine. My face and throat don't hurt any more, but I still sneeze and cough, so it must be allergies. Like from cat hair, mold and dust. If someone would only clean the place up! My Amazon/Facebook friend Cindy has all this haus-frau energy; wish I could put her in my basement for about half a day.

I've got through the latest batch of alterations to Big Baby, and selected all my poems for my Semi-Complete volume. Now I just have to revise about two dozen of them.
*
Today I'm thinking of Spring. Or Fall, or Winter. Any season but Too Hot.

The Goose-Girl, by Edna St. Vincent Millay:

Spring rides no horses down the hill,
But comes on foot, a goose-girl still;
And all the loveliest things there be
Come simply, so, it seems to me.
If ever I said, in grief or pride,
I tired of honest things, I lied,
And should be cursed forevermore
With love in laces like a whore,
And neighbors cold, and friends unsteady,
And Spring on horseback like a lady.
*
I have an old china vase, with flowers and a girl feeding a goose on it, sitting on the chest in the hall. Every time I notice it, I think of Millay's poem.

2 comments:

Deb said...

I am so glad you are feeling better! Allergies are getting to me this year also. Luckily, it's just my eyes and not the whole sneezing-coughing thing!
I love Edna St. Vincent Millay. What wonderful things she writes.
Oh, when you finish with your friend, the one with all the cleaning energy, do you think you could send her my way? I'm in the midst of cleaning/sorting out/ to get ready to move! Really wish I had a genie at times! Have a wonderful day!
Hugs....

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Glad you're feeling better.