Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Temptation!


Well, Steve and Tracy sent over this dumpster which is just about the size of my living room. They said if I have any junk, to throw it in. Hmmm. Looks like it would hold all my old living room furniture, plus all the junk in the basement. They also looked around in the basement, deciding where to put the sump pump.

Seriously, I am about to decide to trash that couch. Mo has scratched one end of it down to the nails. I know, because I scraped my leg on one of them. It looks like Mo might outlive me, so a new sofa wouldn't have much of a chance. I could put Flora's old maple breakfast table in the center of the room and group all the chairs around it, and call it the great hall. The two ancient armchairs could go into the dumpster, too. And the 1950's coffee table, and the piece of junk I'm using for an end table. All the ugly lamps. I love bare rooms.

Steve said they're going to tear the roof off tomorrow, and put on a new one on Thursday.

4 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I''m jealous! I want a dumpster in my driveway too.

Joanne Cage said...

Copycat!

Ramey Channell said...

Copycat? Watch out for my cat and don't let him fall in that dumpster! His name is either Ezra Poundcat, or Bazzle (Basil). I'll have to talk to him and see which name he prefers. I think it's Bazzle. Feed him.

Joanne Cage said...

He already owes me $1.365 for all the stuff I've fed him. Shall I send you the bill? Kidding. I'm glad he's your cat. I bet he would just love your house.

That's really funny: This morning I called him Ezra. Maybe you said it when you were here.