Thursday, August 30, 2012

Friday Dinners at Downton Abbey

I've decided to watch an episode of D.A. every Friday evening, after dinner, in preparation for Series 3 which is scheduled to be broadcast on PBS in January 2013. I'm inviting all the kin to eat Friday dinners with me, and watch the DVD's. I know everyone doesn't like the show as well as I do, but I can always eat dinner by myself if nobody comes.

In planning table settings, I find that I have (at last count) ten different china/pottery patterns in sufficient amounts to set a table. I plan to use each setting once, and after dinner to list that pattern on eBay for a dollar or so, if it's one that I don't want to keep. Maybe I can pare them down to half a dozen sets, at most.
*
The human voice, singing or even just speaking, has always fascinated me. One of the pleasantest voices currently extant on this planet belongs, in my humble o., to William Shatner. I enjoy listening to him speak, even on the Mike Slocumb law firm commercials.
*
Have to doll up and go to the p.o. to mail a book.

2 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Can't wait for the Downton dinners to start.

Ramey Channell said...

My dear, I am so pleased to express my anticipation and delight concerning your gracious invitation. One shall be there with bells on.