Saturday, October 12, 2013

Reunion

Met today with about 20 old friends and classmates for lunch at Fishmarket on 280. It was such a joy and privilege to meet so many good friends again, some of whom I hadn't seen since high school. There were only about 40 people in our graduating class, and we are blessed that so many of us are still around. Sandra came from Tuscaloosa, and the rest of us live in or near the Birmingham/Leeds area. It's amazing, how many of "the girls" have grown from pretty girls to purely beautiful mature women. Our whole class was right good-looking, I think. So many cute boys, and now most of them have gone on to the next place. Georgia, Joyce Earle, Evelyn Jo, Helon and Virginia were our beauty queens, all of them still sashaying around, though Helon and Virginia didn't make it to the luncheon.

Very satisfying day. And a week from next Saturday, I get to see a bunch of the Alabama State Poetry Society folks at the fall awards luncheon in Montevallo. Which reminds me, I have to send in reservations for Jed and myself.

Next week, on the 15th, one of the charity trucks will prowl the neighborhood. I think I'll get brave and donate all the clothes I've shrunk out of, instead of holding onto them and expecting myself to alter or have them altered. I need a new fall/winter wardrobe, anyway. A "wardrobe" to me is a new pair of jeans and a couple of cotton shirts.

1 comment: