Thursday, July 10, 2014

"A Lesson Too Late For the Learning"

Seems like every year I plant some flowers, strictly observing the package directions of "full sun." Then along about July, it doesn't rain and doesn't rain, and the flowers that are getting ready to bloom turn into brown sticks.

*
The bob-tailed squirrel is the only one I've seen on the lawn for several days.

Guess I need to go to Walmart and buy a bunch of sprinklers, hoses and stuff.
*
I dreamed I was driving with my eyes shut, and when I opened them, I was on the way to Mama and Daddy's house in Dunnavant. But the pavement turned into a gravel road, and then just plain dry dirt, and came to an end in front of a shack with a little girl playing in the yard. So I turned around and drove and drove, and finally realized I was lost.

C.G.J. would say the little girl was me.
*
My 2010 or 2011 picture (on the blog) looks like a fat lady. I guess I was about 30 pounds heavier. Reminds me of what Flora Cage said once: "I'd rather be a little overweight than look like an old prune."

T.S. Eliot: "Teach us to care and not to care. Teach us to sit still."

No comments: