Thursday, July 3, 2014

Glad I'm Not a "Writer"

I've been doing this for as long as I can remember, and I'll probably still be doing it for twenty or thirty more years.  I've burnt gallons of midnight oil, and I apologize to the trees for wasting more than my fair share of paper. But my constitution would never hold up to traveling all over the world doing research, signing books and talking till I'm hoarse, and advertising myself like a circus freak. I'd rather be writing.

I'm just grateful to my son Jed for helping me get my best poems in print between covers.
*
When I tried to enter the Electra awards contest, all I could get was error messages. I think I'll just go back in my hole.
*
Anyway, Tuesday evening we met over at Susan's and watched "Silverado" on her stupendous new TV. That's a good movie. I thought I had seen it before, but I hadn't.

1 comment:

JD Atlanta said...

"You idiot, he's hit everything he's aimed at." I love John Cleese.