Sunday, July 27, 2014

Tracy-Hepburn Movies

Yesterday I watched "The Seventh Cross" on TCM. Spencer Tracy was, as usual, almost paralytic. But it was a pretty good movie, largely because Hepburn wasn't in it.

I couldn't get to sleep for most of the night, but when I finally did, I slept (and dreamed crazy dreams) until India called me a few minutes ago to remind me of Pat's birthday, which I had forgot for the first time in my life, probably. But now I'm up and running.

*****
Pat's birthday cake was prettier than this, but I forgot to take my camera. We had a lovely time at her b.d. celebration.

One day this week, Pat took half-a-dozen copies of my poetry book to the library to make a little sale display of it. She said if anybody bought a copy, they would put the payment in a little drawer for me to pick up later.

WDG grocery occupied only half of the old Food World building, but now Ace Hardware has filled the other side of the building.

This morning I dreamed I received a notice that Ace Hardware had received a package addressed to me, but the store was located in Pell City. Major anxiety, because I didn't know if whatever old car I had would make it to Pell City. But Jed (about age 8) and I set out, and when we got there Jed lay down on a couch in the lobby while I went to collect the package. A saleswoman showed me a small mailbox-size cabinet in a wall and said that was where they put packages they received. I opened the cabinet, and found it was really a small box full of sawdust, but feeling around, I pulled out a crumpled up package that had been crammed in under the sawdust, and it was some copies of my book. Then when we left the store, my car had disappeared.

No comments: