Saturday, July 5, 2014

The Day of the Dolphin

I watched this movie on TCM, Thursday night, I think. It's a science fiction film about a scientist (George C. Scott) who teaches a dolphin ("A" or "Baa") to make sounds in English. The only dolphin "word" I could make out was "Baa," until the end. One of the bad guys (John Dehner) asks the dolphin, "Why do you want to stay with Pa?" and it replies, "Baa loves Pa." And of course it made me shed a tear, even though I knew the dolphin voice was really made by a human.
*
I think I must have slipped through a crack at The Kirklin Clinic. It's been eight months since my last visit, and they haven't called to remind me of an appointment in all that time. Maybe there aren't any tests left for them to put me through. Lately, a couple of things are bothering me, and I want to tell someone about them, even if it's only an unsympathetic doctor. Mainly, a recurring feeling that my ears are about to explode, which I think is a Meniere's symptom. And you know when you "bump your funny-bone"? That pain occurs spontaneously in my left elbow, more and more frequently, and it sometimes makes me perform curious calisthenics.

No comments: