Thursday, July 24, 2014

The Nick of Time

January and July are close months for me financially, because GEICO takes half of my annual car insurance out of my bank account. This month I had to pay to get the piano moved, and some other crises which I don't remember, and then yesterday the thermostat stuck. A guy came and replaced it; the new thermostat was still under the parts warranty, but the service call plus providing for future service calls ran over a hundred-fifty. So I was biting a fingernail, wondering how to live on $15.16 until the end of the month. But this morning I checked my bank account online, and--incredibly!--my SS check arrived a week early!

*

 
 

A while ago, I noticed out the kitchen window a cloud formation that looked like a chimney with smoke spiraling out of it. Of course by the time I got back with the camera, it had changed into a duck.