Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Last Night

Unable to sleep much, I watched PBS's rerun of the Downton Abbey finale in the middle of the night. For some reason, my head noises had calmed down enough that I could understand what everyone was saying. Strangely, I haven't lost hope for Edith's happiness: Several times during this season, I have seen a man in a crowd somewhere who looked like Michael Gregson, Marigold's father. I kept waiting for him to turn up at Downton. Maybe next season.

I loved Mrs. Hughes's acceptance of Carson's proposal of marriage. My other favorite lines in this episode were when Robert told his wife that he had a stomach ulcer:

Cora: "Whitefish, chicken, no alcohol--"

Robert: [startled] "Steady on!"

Also, when Violet was telling Isobel about her adventures with the prince and princess, she said regretfully, "I will never again receive an immoral proposition from a man."

Yesterday I watched an excellent Hallmark TV movie, "The Lost Child." It was about a nice Jewish lady who discovers that she's really a Navajo Indian. Tantoo Cardinal was the only actor I recognized, as the movie was made in the year 2000.

*

This morning it occurred to me that "everything's going to be all right," and I immediately stopped worrying. Call it holy Comforting.

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

That was the best Downton yet. I think Edith might go to America with Tom. Or maybe Mary will.