Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Plans

Yesterday I did nothing useful--at least what was left of yesterday after I got out of bed about two p.m. I did nothing useful, but made a lot of good plans, including sprucing the house up for the book club meeting Friday.


For the book club's April book selection, I'm going to suggest one of the best novels I've ever read in my whole life, Patrick O'Brian's Master and Commander. Those who have only seen the movie can't imagine the delights of this book and its 19-volume string of sequels. I would take off my writer's hat to Patrick O'Brian, but I don't have a hat, and O'Brian is dead.

2 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

Excellent book! I'll bring you my copy the next time I see you.

Deb said...

I went to Amazon to see about the O'Brian books. Dean King wrote a book titled: A Sea of Words: A Lexicon and Companion to the Complete Seafaring Tales of Patrick O'Brian. Didn't know if you had seen it. I had no idea there were books after the original.
How is your mouth feeling? Hope you can eat soon. I always look at teeth pulling as an unplanned diet! At least I can stick to those :)
Hugs,
Deb
P.S. Hi Jed :)