Thursday, April 9, 2015

Good Books

The book I'm reading now is Youngblood Hawke, by Herman Wouk. For the (number) time, I finished Master and Commander last night. Some of my favorite passages from it are:

JA: ". . . I should like to see him [Maturin] as early as can be; I am uneasy with him ashore. There are times when I feel he should not be allowed out alone; and then again there are times when I feel he could command a fleet, almost." page 232

JA: ". . . as righteous as Pompous Pilate." p. 247

"And so they moved back again across the same miles of sea, the Sophie knotting and splicing, the gunboats following and firing steadily, the old left-handed moon climbing with her usual indifference." p. 322

*

Today I received email notification that I did not win the Brickroad poetry book contest.

2 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

Those brickroad fools!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I read Youngblood Hawke while I was still in high school. Excellent book. Margarie Morningstar too.