Thursday, April 23, 2015

Semper Paratus, and Patting Oneself on the Back

Couple of days ago, I made this meatloaf in the crock pot. Had no idea how it would turn out, but it's one of the best I've made. It was enormous, and I've got to get the rest of it into the freezer today.

Yesterday I cleaned out the freezer and put parts of it into the dishwasher. I also went to the new hardware store on the Parkway and bought some emergency supplies--lamp oil, matches, and a can opener that doesn't break my hand when I use it. Just have one of my paranoid feelings that something's about to happen.
*
A little while ago, I read over some of the poems in my book, The Lightness of the Dark. Overall, they don't lament the state of the universe, so much as celebrate it. I hope some other people read them, and feel the same sense of hope and wonder that they convey to me.

3 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Yummy looking stuff. I can't make meatloaf worth nothing. Might try the crock pot idea.

Joanne Cage said...

Thanks, Suze. It even got brown around the edges. Just throw all your ingredients in there (including hot sauce), stir it up and cook for 4 hours on high.

JD Atlanta said...

We should relaunch your book! I'm thinking a new edition (or perhaps an e-book) and some ads on facebook? What do you think?