Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Of Friends, Nails and Shoe Leather

Yesterday a dear friend phoned and said she and her mom were going shopping, and was there anything I needed. It was one of those days when I can't get out of the house, and I was amazed and tickled. They did some grocery shopping for me, and I gave them a check for the stuff and a copy of my book.

I feel guilty about it. Both those ladies, although younger, are in less robust physical health than I am. I ought to be running around town for other folks instead of letting them run around for me. There's nothing physical wrong with me except shaky hands. "Little shaky legs." Bald spots.

*
CLIP ART IMAGE
Online recently, I read that people pay up to a hundred dollars for a manicure. Sure, I think it must be a sin. I'll just find my nail clipper.

*

I once had a pair of Johansen pumps. They were white with brown leather trim. I find that they are still made in the USA, so next time I feel like buying new shoes--(To the tune of "My Sweet Little Alice Blue Gown")

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Love those shoes, but can't wear anything with any kind of a heel anymore. Glad you got help with your groceries. Don't feel guilty. Feel blessed.