Monday, June 9, 2014

Oh, Frabjous Day! Calloo! Callay!!!

Mrs. Barbara's piano is now mine. I hadn't really seen it up close before, and didn't realize what I was getting--It's a Baldwin Acrosonic, just like the one I rented when I lived in Selma! I only found three keys that have to be fixed, and it's badly out of tune, but I'll get all that done eventually. Barbara wouldn't accept any pay for it, so I'm planning to take her out to lunch whenever she's free this week.

Christopher, the leader of the three-man moving team, was a beautiful giant with a scarred-up face. He said he was on disability from the armed service, but has been out of therapy for some time and now has the promise of a job with the military in Kuwait.

3 comments:

Ramey Channell said...

This is so fabulous! I saw the moving van on my way to work this morning. Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. Barbara is a blessing!

JD Atlanta said...

Great news!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Have fun tickling you some ivory.