Monday, October 13, 2014

"They stayed away in droves." - Dorothy Parker

Ramey and I went to the play. I wish I could say it was excellent. For amateurs, I guess it was good. They shouted to an almost empty house. But then, it was a matinee. The furniture onstage was beautiful. Victorian, complete with price tag and bar code on one piece. I've never seen a play I didn't like, and this one was no exception. But maybe for different reasons.

One of my favorite movies is "Beaches," Bette Midler and Barbara Hershey. I watched it on TV sometime over the weekend. That girl who played 12-year-old C.C. Bloom was so good! The ending makes it a tear-jerker.

I also recently watched Tom Stoppard's play, "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead," on TV.
*
Speaking of TV, the sound has gone out on my set. I can get pictures, but no sound. Can't watch Jeopardy. Well, I can watch it but can't hear it. It went out suddenly yesterday, and I thought for a minute I had lost my hearing, but the tinnitus corrected that impression.
*
4:28 p.m. - I hear the storm a-coming.

No comments: