Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Two Steps Forward

Yesterday I did a lot of useful stuff, so of course today I feel totally worthless. Except I woke up thinking of how to change that first novel I wrote and maybe make it worth reading. Now, if I can just find it.

Anyway, the bills are paid, the trash is collected, and I have plenty of dishwasher detergent.

A post on Facebook reminded me of Mentone, Alabama. Maybe Jed and I can go up there, either this weekend or sometime soon. The town has probably changed a lot since Miriam and I were there. It was the drive and the countryside, more than the town, that fascinated me. I remember remarking more than once, "Look at those rocks!"

*
Also, the ASPS fall awards luncheon at Montevallo is Saturday, Oct. 25. If I thought my wizard poem had won anything, I would think about going down there. Jodi or someone usually emails me if one of my poems has won a prize, and I haven't heard anything this time. Besides, going to Mentone is a pleasanter prospect than stumbling over the cobbles at the U. of M.