Wednesday, October 1, 2014

This week I started a fall cleaning project, and of course it bogged down before it's well started. But I did sort of run out of steam Monday and didn't feel like going to the poetry reading. And I hope to have the house in better shape by Christmas. Everything takes so much longer to do than planned--I've said that before, but it continues to amaze me.

One night I dreamed, seemed like all night, of hunting my wallet. During the search I found a kitten that I wanted, and then I lost the kitten. I finally found the kitten, but the purse was still missing.

*

The new "Castle" season promises to be rather weak. I remember getting good and fed-up with JAG, because the romance never got anywhere. But by this fifth or sixth or seventh series, "Castle" seems to have degenerated into two old quasi-married people trying to have adventures. Maybe they'll get back to the dead bodies. Or maybe Castle will figure out space- or time-travel.

I think that's probably the best thing about "Firefly." It's just a single gem of a series, standing alone. And you can imagine the future to suit yourself, like Malcolm and Zoe getting together instead of him fooling around with that companion.

*

Saw a cloud that looked like a two-hump camel, but it broke up before I could get a photo.

Dromedary

Oh, the one-hump camel is Arabian,
and the two-hump camel is a Bactrian;
and I would bet my tooth enamel,
there isn't any three-hump camel.

By JRC, 2002

5 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I liked Vinnie, the mob guy that Beckett was questioning. He sounded like a Damon Runyun character. "What happens if someone doesn' pay?" He was asked about the car-crushing racket. "that does not happen," he said with an evil smile.

Joanne Cage said...

Yes, the characters are so good! Javy is one of my favorites.

JD Atlanta said...

It is difficult for me to see any Firefly alumnus in other roles.

Joanne Cage said...

It was a harrowing experience to watch Jayne (Adam Baldwin) in an episode of Castle.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I like Javy (or as Beckett calls him, Espo) too. He surely did rock that tuxedo.